Experience Downtown. Discover Different.
- On Friday and Saturday, November 22-23, Downtown London will host the second annual Discover Different Downtown Shopping Day
- The event will offer free parking at Impark Lots on Saturday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., special one-day promotions and the chance to win a $1,000 Downtown London Shopping Spree.
- The event is part of an overall strategy to raise awareness of the value of independent retailers and their importance to the evolution of downtown.
- Impark is offering free parking at select surface lots throughout the downtown core on Saturday Nov 23, from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Downtown retailers have jumped on board with discounts, deals and special promotions.
- A full list of promotions and participating retailers can be found at www.discoverdifferent.ca/promos with more being added daily
- Participating retailers will also offer an opportunity to enter to win a $1,000 Downtown London Shopping Spree
- “We are thrilled to be apart of this. Last year it was packed the whole day. It seemed to be the right idea.”
- Sue Glass, owner of Frilly Lizard
- “With the success of last year’s event we want to continue to highlight the independent retailers and help bring Londoners together as a community to experience the difference shopping downtown has to offer.”
– Janette MacDonald, Executive Director, Downtown London
- “There were lots of new faces and I think some people were really pleased and surprised to find a store like Uber Cool in London. It was phenomenal.”
- Chris McInnis, owner of Uber Cool
- We’re thrilled to participate. We believe that like most downtown retailers, we offer a very different experience than the mall or big box retailers. We offer a personal shopping experience with different, specialized products and a fun environment.””
– Jim Hands, Vice President and General Manager, Kingsmill’s
The following images may be used in digital and print publications for promotion of the Discover Different campaign. Download them all in high resolution here.